Get rid of Search.cal-cmf.com page in minutes
Search.cal-cmf.com is a nasty search engine, that our team classified as hijacker. It replaces your homepage and change browser settings. Browser hijackers are not so dangerous by itself, but the cause a lot of troubles with your system and lead to serious consequences.
Search.cal-cmf.com generates a lot of ads from its sponsores. It’s not a secret that the main goal of this hijacker is to make money fro clicks. It tracks you browser activity (history, passwords, accounts) to show you personilized ads. Noone checked sites on whicj you can be redirected, some of them may consist dangerous apps, that will ruin your system.
The Search.cal-cmf.com virus makes it into computer systems furtively. It is assisted by numerous free products to ensure this stealth. The freeware involved in distributing the adware ranges from video converters and PC performance optimizers to trustworthy utilities like Adobe Flash Player. At this point, it’s important to make a disambiguation: the developers of these tools are not to be blamed. Instead, it’s software download repositories that create and spread custom packages with potentially unwanted bundles. Ultimately, Search.cal-cmf.com and its likely satellite solutions take over the whole online navigation environment on the targeted PC. Unfortunately, it’s barely effective to simply go to Control Panel and uninstall the culprit. The right fix is a mixture of more thorough removal of the infection and the resetting of configuration skewed by it.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search.cal-cmf.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search.cal-cmf.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search.cal-cmf.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search.cal-cmf.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Search.cal-cmf.com virus from your browser
First of all, Search.cal-cmf.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Search.cal-cmf.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Search.cal-cmf.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search.cal-cmf.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.