Get rid of Packageho.me fake search
Packageho.me is a fake internet search provider that proclaims to improve the browsing experience of the users and provides quick access to a variety of popular website. In this way developers promote this website by employing a browser hijacking application Packageho.me. This app claims to allow users to watch Television program directly from the web browser. Once users get installed this program after that they will face lots of issues including redirection issues.
Packageho.me is categorized as a redirect virus which has been developed by the team of remote hacker with the target to makes money through irritate online users. It mostly target well known web browsers like as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and others. It is also able to changes the default setting such as internet, browser, Homepage and DNS setting etc. Thus users are unable to reset the setting as previous states. It is also able to readdress the homepage, new tab and default search engine to the unknown site. It also show you to continuously fake error message, alert notification, malicious codes, commercial ads on the running webpage while surfing internet.
To keep the System web browser safe and secure from malicious infection like Packageho.me users always download any program through its official site. Users must follow the installation instruction and select Custom/ Advance options before the installation of any programs. Don’t attach any mail which comes through unknown sources. Don’t click on any suspicious links and visiting any unknown site. Always update the System Software from their official site.
Packageho.me hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Packageho.me page from the browser
First of all, Packageho.me is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Packageho.me, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Packageho.me has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Packageho.me hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Packageho.me traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Packageho.me!
Video guide on how to remove Packageho.me from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Packageho.me in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.