Get rid of Estanos.com page in minutes
Whereas Estanos.com is an adware program that hijacks your browser’s search and home page to Estanos.com and displays its own advertisements when using search engines and browsing the web. Due to its constant display of unwanted advertisements, your web browsing experience may become slow and possibly unusable.
Because of Estanos.com your home page will be changed and new favorites will be added that point to sites of dubious content. In most cases, this hijacker will have made registry changes to your computer, causing the home page to revert back to the unwanted destination even if you change it manually.
The problem is that Estanos.com displays numerous annoying advertisements regardless if you want them or not. It is advasable not to use this search engine as the presented advertisements are not regulated. They may trick you to install additional adware or even malware. The parasite installer is promoted via several advertising platforms that is why you can get easily infected with hao123 easily by some fake updates.
Estanos.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Estanos.com virus from the browser
First of all, Estanos.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Estanos.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Estanos.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Estanos.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Estanos.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Estanos.com!
Video guide on how to remove Estanos.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Estanos.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.