Checkspeedsearch.com is a browser hijacker penetrating into Google Chrome and possibly other browsers which are based on the Chromium open source project. The hijacker amends the home page to begin with Checkspeedsearch.com. Furthermore, whenever you attempt to open the blank tab, you will be soon redirected to Checkspeedsearch.com site, no matter how many of such blank tabs you open. Many people are quite fed up to see Checkspeedsearch.com hijacker permanently, however, they do not know how to get rid of this infection effectively. This guide will help you to delete it from your system.
To surf the web through Checkspeedsearch.com hijacker will not render any relevant search results to you. Instead, you will keep getting redirected to all kinds of other dangerous places in the world wide web. Because of such repeated browser redirection issues your computer may be later on infected with tons of other totally useless and malicious utilities.
Intrusion of Checkspeedsearch.com browser hijacker takes places after your computer is already infected with adware. You may suddenly notice some suspicious pop-up through your browser telling you about the necessity to install some extension into your Google Chrome. However, this is a deceptive trick. There is no point at all for you to perform all such installations at all. However, after you mistakenly do so your browser will become infected like described above.
Checkspeedsearch.com permanently makes your computer to function extremely sluggish. There will be high CPU usage caused by it, furthermore, your system may start functioning extremely sluggish as a result. You’re strongly advised to immediately undertake all possible measures set forth below and delete the hijacker completely from your system. Furthermore, it will be important that you reset your browsers using additional tips below.
Automatic removal tool for Checkspeedsearch.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Checkspeedsearch.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Checkspeedsearch.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Checkspeedsearch.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: