CenturyLink.net is a browser hijacker. And it is brought by malware such as adware or spyware which normally mask themselves as browser plug-ins, banners, extension, and add-ons. So they are capable of delivering browser hijackers at any time when they detect an opportunity.
CenturyLink.net can be a tool by hackers who are going to control your online behaviors. Under such circumstance, it is like a controlling end put by hackers, and the other end normally is on the hand of hackers. When they release the order to CenturyLink.net to control the browsers and allow the suspicious sites opened, the browser settings will be changed as its order. Therefore, your browsing behaviors become more dangerous than you expected.
Besides, CenturyLink.net has its own ability which is to make change sites address from the input one, and to lead users to the some commercial sites or some hostile sites. And they will be not only irritating, but also will have bad influence. Image that, you have meeting with your boss and your customers, and you want to show some projects online. When you input the sites address but it is redirected to some porn sites, how awkward will you be! And you will leave bad impression to them with no doubt. To avoid the bad impact of CenturyLink.net, you should not hesitate to uproot it.
Step by step instructions how to remove CenturyLink.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove CenturyLink.net virus from the system
First of all, CenturyLink.net is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove CenturyLink.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying CenturyLink.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove CenturyLink.net virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove CenturyLink.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. CenturyLink.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with CenturyLink.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.