Boomle.com is a browser hijacker page, which changes configuration settings on internet browser program. This website can manipulate links produces on search engine result and redirect it to partner webresources. In addition, this hijacker initializes the browser on a modified default page Boomle.com. It can also install itself as a browser helper object (BHO) to monitor web browsing habit of victims. Boomle.com sneaks into the system without user’s knowledge via another adware infection. It may also arrive as bundled to freeware and shareware apps.
Generally, Boomle.com infection starts with a malware that you may have obtained from malicious program. Malicious sites implementing drive-by-download method can also cause Boomle.com to enter the browser. Once it initiates, it will begin to release a copy of itself on various locations. Then it also makes some tweaks on the registry, which will allow the redirect to run every time user opens Internet browser. Through these changes, the threat can now have full control over the infected browser.
Boomle.com redirect malware will modify homepage of the default browser and set Boomle.com as the main page. Additionally, it installs other harmful code as a browser helper object, which influences some aspects of your browser program. It normally attacks Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. The malware modifies the landing page for all search result and makes sure that it will be redirected to Boomle.com.
Boomle.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Boomle.com virus from the browser
First of all, Boomle.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Boomle.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Boomle.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Boomle.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Boomle.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Boomle.com!
Video guide on how to remove Boomle.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Boomle.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.