genoil.exe is a great problem for all digital currency. Bitcoin, Monero, and others may suffer from this Trojan Horse, and users won’t be aware, as is usually the case.
First of all, let’s understand how genoil.exe penetrated your PC. We guess that mindless installation was the reason of that. If you download software without paying attention what exactly gets to your system, you are the potential owner of malware. There are EULAs (End User License Agreements) which honestly tell you about all items being installed. Spend several minutes on reading them, and you automatically decrease the risks. The other problem takes place when already existing anti-virus utility is weak enough to protect the system, it can permit malware installation without problems. You need reliable software that is able to control what you install.
Adware apps such as genoil.exe exhaust the CPU and shorten its lifespan. A lot of time may past before you detect the threat or start having some doubts. The main symptom is general slowness of programs launch, opening the pages, and so on. What’s more, the screen is full of obsessive advertisements. One of the most horrible things is losing your private information. Hackers are keen on obtaining your credit card details, any passwords, and even private pictures! Now you seem to be sure the threat must disappear as quick as possible. Our recommended anti-malware tools software was developed with the aim to solve such problems.
You can be sure you have genoil.exe Miner Trojan in your system if the main symptoms (CPU power usage, freezings, slow performance) take place. So, we offer you to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action. It is a kind of scanner that can help with different kinds of threats like Trojans, viruses, potentially unwanted apps, spyware, adware, etc.
genoil.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove genoil.exe virus from the browser
First of all, genoil.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by genoil.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and genoil.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that genoil.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove genoil.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed genoil.exe!
Video guide on how to remove genoil.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with genoil.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.