GamesFinder fake search removal
The GamesFinder page looks like a normal start page of any browser, particularly Google Chrome. But this page is not legitimate, it was designed by the cyber criminals for their own purposes and using this page as normal can make matters worse. Which is why it is advised to remove it as soon as possible.
To make maximum profit from GamesFinder fake search page, developers need to infect with it as many computers as possible. Users will start to use this page without knowing that something is wrong and cyber criminals will collect the information on them. To spread GamesFinder page, they often using deceptive installation techniques like viral advertising, bundles, wrapped downloaders and fake program installs.
The main goal of GamesFinder page is in data collection of all people that are using this page. This hijacker can collect information on them and send it to cyber criminals on the analysis. After that, they can use this information for a lot of purposes, for example selling it to some other companies. The installation of GamesFinder hijacker will be silent and without your permission, in most cases. During the installation, some the browser settings will be changed to GamesFinder website, that will make your browser show this page on every start. And now the worst part of this hijacker – not every user sees just a new homepage. Many user reports that their browser redirect them to different molecules resources where they offered to install an extension or download additional software.
After the installation of GamesFinder, it will change some of your browser’s settings. This is typical browser hijacker behavior as they need to do that so that they can redirect you to sponsored pages. You will find that GamesFinder has been set as your homepage and new tabs. It should be noted that the changes are carried out without your explicit permission and cannot be undone unless you first delete GamesFinder. The website offers a search engine, links to websites like Facebook, Gmail and YouTube. If you use the search engine, you will be given sponsored results among the legitimate ones. It pretends to be GamesFinder, but if you look closer, you can see the difference. When dealing with dubious search engines, you need to be careful to not click on a link that could take you to a malicious web page. If you do not want to end up with malware on your computer, we suggest you uninstall GamesFinder.
GamesFinder removal guide
STEP 1. Remove GamesFinder virus from the browser
First of all, GamesFinder is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by GamesFinder, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and GamesFinder has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that GamesFinder hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove GamesFinder traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed GamesFinder!
Video guide on how to remove GamesFinder from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with GamesFinder in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.