g-search.pro is a dangerous website that is actively involved in hijacking the home pages of all widely used browsers today, such as Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. The intrusion of this hijacker typically occurs through the method called bundling. In other words, there is some free program that is additionally interconnected with some other potentially unwanted software like the g-search.pro hijacker. When computer owners install this free software they often fail to notice that there’s something else included. This is exactly the way how their browsers get hijacked and a lot of other potentially unwanted applications may be installed without user’s approval. The hijacker called g-search.pro isn’t safe since it is involved in spyware activities in your browser. We urge you to immediately undertake all possible measures to get your system duly cleaned up.
g-search.pro browser hijacker will produce an extremely negative impact on a performance of your computer. It will make your system function extremely slow due to the presence of many other potentially unwanted programs which are interconnected with the hijacker. Their purpose is to prevent you from deleting the hijacker from your browser in a simple manual way. Altogether, these programs and the very hijacker will cause high CPU usage and eventually may result in utter failure of your system to operate, even if you have the computer that was just recently purchased.
g-search.pro will promise to furnish you with some excellent search results, however, these abilities are surely overestimated. The truth is that the hijacker is simply not able to furnish you with an adequate search data. Instead, it will simply load your screen with a lot of irrelevant advertisement banners and various sponsored links that will lead you to many dangerous sites on the web. Plus, the hijacker will permanently track your browsing data and may transfer this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. Hence, it plays the role of spyware in your system. In the light of this information, you’re strongly advised not to surf the web through g-search.pro fake search engine.
Step by step instructions how to remove g-search.pro virus.
STEP 1. Remove g-search.pro virus from the system
First of all, g-search.pro is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove g-search.pro virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying g-search.pro browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove g-search.pro virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove g-search.pro from your system completaly:
STEP 3. g-search.pro prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with g-search.pro virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.