Funplunge.com notifications redirect you to certain pages where you are suggested to watch the movie which has just come out. Of course, only registered friends are able to see all the content. You are offered to create a FREE account to start watching. Trustful users enter their e-mails and passwords as Funplunge.com asked them and lose their sensitive information. It goes without saying, that nothing positive comes out of doing so.
You can be sure that Funplunge.com pop-ups appear not without any reason, they indicate malware presence on your PC. Some hidden services enable such pop-ups to appear even without your direct intention. You may have no doubts about the real purpose of the notifications you see. Nothing comes without money. The only remedy against annoying pop-ups is deleting the source of their occurrence.
The Funplunge.com pop-ups typically appear when adware penetrates the system. It starts generating intrusive ads that spoil normal browsing and provoke constant redirects to the pages with free video (we hope that you already understood that you will see no video for free). The main goal is to motivate you register on the site and share your personal details, so that malicious users can use them for revenue. If your existing anti-virus is weak to detect and delete the threats like adware or hijacker, it may be the reason of pop-ups displaying. Maybe, it’s time you think about your security level and find something more reliable and effective or add an anti-malware application to strengthen the current defense software.
Your system can be fully clean from Funplunge.com with the help of powerful anti-virus tool. We advise you to get recommended anti-malware software to get rid of any threats you may already have on your computer. But only the registered version is the most efficient in combating computer threats. Feel free to contact our support in case of additional help.
Funplunge.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Funplunge.com virus from the browser
First of all, Funplunge.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Funplunge.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Funplunge.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Funplunge.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Funplunge.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Funplunge.com!
Video guide on how to remove Funplunge.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Funplunge.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.