funnysearching.com is a new computer infection which is fairly considered by many anti-virus blogs as browser hijacker. And such classification is definitely correct, since the infection modifies the default home page and search engine settings of all attacked browsers. If people are used to surf the web through Google home page (such as google.com or some other local page), the hijacker will modify the home page to begin with funnysearching.com instead.
As a hijacker, funnysearching.com injects its malicious roots into all widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. The hijacker modifies the home page and default search engine settings. As a result, opening either of available browsers automatically reveals funnysearching.com home page. Even though the domain funnysearching.com obviously stands for China as the country of origin, the hijacker infects PCs and respective browsers in many other world locations.
So, after people are actually forced to enable such suspicious extension their Google Chrome version will be definitely hijacked. By the way, funnysearching.com is similar to Tavanero Search hijacker previously described by us.
We strongly advise that you do not use tpoxa.com hijacker for your regular searches. The hijacker delivers search results from Google Custom Search, however, Google is not related to it at all. On the other hand, the hijacker is malicious since it regularly tracks your browsing habits and transfers this information to cyber frauds for various malicious purposes. Plus, your system is infected with other potentially unwanted applications, so you’d better immediately perform a complex system cleanup with the proven malware removal tool.
Automatic removal tool for funnysearching.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for funnysearching.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with funnysearching.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by funnysearching.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: