Freefax.exe virus is the most popular problem among Internet users. Once it sneaks into your system it immediately changes browser settings and you can not find the favorite homepage. Moreover, you will see lots of advertisements, pop-ups, and redirects that are totally annoying. Luckily, it’s easy to remove, so keep reading.
Freefax.exe (Freefax.exe) hijacker uses tricky methods of distribution and really counting on your careless behavior. Every time you download software from third-party source you put a computer at risk. Such hijackers are bundled in cracked software so it’s very easy to get infected. Remember, viruses can’t infect your computer by itself, they need your submission on downloading or installing, so be mindful!
Freefax.exe is malicious because of its capability tracking your personal information, such as browsing history or even banking information. Knowing your history virus can show you personalized ads, so there are bigger chances you will click on them. Ads can look totally like legal ones, but they redirect victim to dangerous places on the web.
So, as you can see Freefax.exe virus is really dangerous to keep, but removal manually usually won’t show you any positive results. Such viruses are hiding in other software so they will relaunch process over and over again. The best removal method, in this case, is automatic removal with powerful software.
Freefax.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Freefax.exe virus from the browser
First of all, Freefax.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Freefax.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Freefax.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Freefax.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Freefax.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Freefax.exe!
Video guide on how to remove Freefax.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Freefax.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.