Mаlwаrе, оr malicious software, is dеѕіgnеd to іnfіltrаtе уоur соmрutеr аnd реrfоrm unauthorized асtіvіtіеѕ. Malicious software includes, par exemple, virus, vers, Chevaux de Troie, spyware and scareware. Here are some examples, but the imagination of the programmers of this malware is probably limitless: the viruses are written to duplicate on other computers. They can also have the effect of harming by disrupting more or less seriously the operation of the infected computer, destroying or modifying files.
The worms, which spread automatically in the email by taking advantage of the flaws of the various mail programs; as soon as they have infected a computer, they send themselves to addresses contained in the whole address book, so that one gets the infected message from known people. Chevaux de Troie, which claim to be legitimate, but contain malicious programs that are executed without the authorization of the user. –; “;backdoor doors”; which are special Trojan horses that take control of the computer and allow someone from outside to control it over the Internet. –; Adware (Adware), free software, which displays, during their use, advertising banners. Aussi, there are many software to find malware.
How to detect malware
- Malware or malware can infect your computer and collect your personal data, access systems and programs on your network, and prevent your computer from functioning properly. There are several signs of malware on your computer, as well as some steps on how to detect and remove malware from your computer.
- Lооk fоr pop-ups thаt реrѕuаdе уоu tо download antivirus ѕоftwаrе. If your computer has been infected with malware, you will receive pop-ups informing you that your system has been infected and that you need to download some software to remove the virus.
- Determine if your computer is slower than usual. Most malware will perform background tasks that consume a large percentage of your computer’;s resources. If your computer becomes slow, although you are not running any applications, and have enough free space on your computer, then the computer may be infected with malicious software.
- Check іf thе аntіvіruѕ ѕоftwаrе аnd fіrеwаllѕ are dіѕаblеd. Some mаlwаrе may temporarily dіѕаblе аntіvіruѕ software аnd firewalls on уоur computer wіthоut your соnѕеnt. If you truly want to know how to detect and remove malware, you may need to actviate the antivirus software as well as firewalls back.
- Note if your computer has started to crash recently. Some malware will delete some files necessary for the proper operation of your computer. If your system оr ѕоmе аррlісаtіоnѕ сrаѕh, ѕlоw, crash, аnd unеxресtеdlу, уоu mау have mаlwаrе on уоur соmрutеr. You need to know how to malware.
- Check if the hardware on your computer responds to the commands. Dans certains cas, malware will prevent you from using your mouse, printer, and keyboard, and may disable some features.
- Make a note of the unusual error messages you receive. Parfois, malware will damage the computer and cause unusual or strange error messages to be displayed when you try to use or access certain programs.
- Check if your personal email address and social media accounts have been hacked. If you notice strange messages in your mailing box that you have not written or direct publications and messages on your social account that you have not personally written, then your system may be infected with malware.
- If your computer is still slow, crashes, or encounters other problems that you suspect are the consequence of the presence of malicious software, you can do a factory reset or completely reinstall Windows to rid your computer of malware.
- Mac computers are less exposed to malware than Windows computers but may require antivirus. To know how to malware or remove malware for Mac computers, computer security experts recommend using antivirus programs for Mac.
How to detect malware with software
If your computer does not work as it normally does and you think it is infected with malware, you will need specific anti-malware tools to detect and eliminate the threat.
- Open your antivirus program and install all the updates. If you do not have antivirus software, you can download and install a security program like GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Perform a full system scan with your antivirus with the maximum level of rigor. Some antivirus programs let you define how much you want it to scan your computer; For routine scans, you may not need a thorough analysis, but you want to be as complete as possible when you think you have malware.
- Remove or quarantine any malware threats found during the scan. The different options available depend on your antivirus software.
- Restart your computer and perform another full system scan with maximum attention.
- Open your anti-spyware and adware removal program and download the updates. Ad-Adware and Spybot Search & Destroy are both popular and free anti-spyware.
- Perform a full system scan with the spyware removal program and remove any threats that are discovered.
- Restart your computer and perform another scan with the Spyware Detection Tool.
How to remove malware from your PC
Virus, malware and spyware are often manifested in different ways, from the most dangerous that can get to delete information from our computer to those who send this information to other computers to steal important data, to others that simply show us on screen a window that informs us that we are infected, and we must pay to register and be able to use a hypothetical program, which promises that it will be cleaned and solved.
What do you do if a virus or malware has infected your computer?
It is at that moment when we feel like taking a good hammer and hammering us with the PC. But it’;s going to be more expensive, so we’;re going to effectively eliminate the problem. Before starting, we will make a backup of our data, whether they are “;my documents, images, videos”; and everything we have in our user profile, which is the one that will be eliminated. Once the copy of our files is done on an external hard drive or USB memory, we start with the procedure of virus, malware or spyware.
The first thing you must do is download and install the programs that you will need, either from the device itself or through an external device through a USB drive. Plus précisément, the software that you will need is:
- GridinSoft Antimalware – Currently the best disinfection tool you can find and in whose free version are all the utilities that you need.
- CCleaner – For your purposes, it is perfect when it comes to cleaning the registry of wrong keys and other traces after the battle.
It may be a good idea to disconnect the Internet connection during the process, but before doing so, it is recommended to run GridinSoft Anti-Malware to update the virus definitions database to the most up-to-date version. A few seconds after opening, a pop-up window will appear that will suggest you install the most updated version of the application. As for the database, by clicking on the Run Update button of the Update Menu tab, you will update it. The analysis itself you leave for later.
Stop malicious processes
You are already in safe mode. If you have not done so, disable your WiFi or cable connection to narrow the problem. You are going to start ruling out problems. Yоu start RKіll tо stop аll resident рrосеѕѕеѕ аnd рrеvеnt them frоm bесоmіng invisible to the аntіvіruѕ or dіrесtlу preventing thеm frоm bооtіng. Then click on the executable and in a symbol window, you will see the result of the analysis.
The next step is to check if you have installed anything that may be infected. Pour ce faire, go to the Add or Remove Windows Programs section or, better yet, open CCleaner and check it in the Tools> Installed Programs section. Organize all the installed programs by date and check the latest ones. Eliminate everything that you consider suspicious, and that coincides with the present day. Since you are in CCleaner, it is also a good idea to go to Tools> Home and take a look.
Proceed with disinfection
Open Anti-Malware and wait. The quick scan will start automatically. Après analyse, you will see the report with the detected elements. Mark them all and give the bottom button Delete Selected. If it asks you to restart, do postpone it, because there are still things to do.
In the case of disinfection tools, it is always good to resort to more than one tool (eye, malware detectors, not antivirus with resident protection, since the latter usually cause conflicts between them if they are installed together). You have buils-in Windows Defender.
Before proceeding to the restart, it is a good idea to take a look at the browser, since it was probably the gateway to the infection. Each case is a world, but a common resolution is to reset the browser to its factory state to reverse a possible installation of a malicious extension or any change in the default home page.
Check that you are clean
Are you safe now? You had an antivirus installed or not; you can use GridinSoft Anti-Malware to check it since it is a useful online analysis tool that during the installation process updates the database and performs the scanning.
Clean the remains
It only remains to leave everything as it was. For this, the tool of registry cleaning and elimination of temporary files of CCleaner comes to us of pearls.
In the case of rebel malware
If some viruses or other infections resist being eliminated or reappear at the time of scanning the system, apply the following method:
- Identify, if possible, the true name of the malicious file and delete it manually in safe mode.
- Uncheck the Windows XP Automatic Restore (this is in the Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance / System menu.) On the Restore tab, the system check box deactivates the system restore; this will allow you to eliminate all the system restore points.
- Once this is done, restart the computer in safe mode (press the F8 or F5 key (if F8 does not work) during startup) then use the arrow keys to select the safe mode.
- After restarting Windows in safe mode, scan the computer with the selected antivirus, in the same way for anti-spyware and other utilities, to permanently eliminate the intruders. If there is a need, remove the malware you wrote down previously, from the directories or folders indicated by your security programs.
- Empty the recycle bin, temporary files, etc.. with CCleaner or another that fulfills the same function.
- Replace the desired Internet Explorer home page, click on Start, Panneau de commande, and Internet Options and the General tab, fill in the homepage. Once finished, restart the computer normally.