Fpseek.com looks like a real search engine, but it’s not. It is replacing your own search engine and browser settings. Now you understand, that Fpseek.com is a browser hijacker and it is the last thing you would like to keep on your PC, but how to delete it?
Fpseek.com is not appeared by itself. This hijacker is caused by an adware on your PC. Usually, adware comes with some free software, that you download lately. It will display numerous ads in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The main purpose of Fpseek.com is to redirect you to sponsored sites and suspicious links, that can collect your personal information and track your browser activity.Hackers can use your personal information (password, credit cards, emails, addresses etc) in own purpose. Also, that sites can cause more viruses on your PC, because the system is vulnerable. Also it will turn off functions of blocking ads on the screen.
Therefore, if you have seen Fpseek.com once in your browsers, you will meet many misleading ads later. Obviously, you should immediately remove it. Our guide will help you in it. Fpseek.com changes browser settings and DNS settings to redirect you to unwanted websites. This hijacker can even slow down your sysytem speed and is able to corrupt system files and make your computer crash down.
Automatic removal tool for Fpseek.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Fpseek.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Fpseek.com redirect virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Fpseek.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: