SystemATI.exe is a pretty dangerous virus that easily sneaks into your system for malicious purposes. Usually, this process does its job quietly, but this is for the time being. We call this type of virus coin miners, because of their main purpose – secretly mining cryptocurrency using your device.
Once the SystemATI.exe Trojan Miner or Bitcoin Miner as netizens called for the most frequently haunted cryptocurrency has the possibility to make a vulnerability in the system, so that many other hazardous items will be able to appear on the PC. Consequently, the presence of this malware is really dangerous and undesired.
SystemATI.exe coin miner use unfair methods of spreading to get into the system unnoticeable. You can infect yourself while opening untrusted sites and attachment to spam emails. Moreover, it comes along with other software that you download from third-party websites.
It’s really hard to find where SystemATI.exe virus hides to remove it manually. Typically it’s hiding inside of other software or can leave lots of traces, so it can relaunch itself over and over again. The best way to release your computer from SystemATI.exe miner is to remove it with professional software.
SystemATI.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove SystemATI.exe virus from the browser
First of all, SystemATI.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by SystemATI.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and SystemATI.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that SystemATI.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove SystemATI.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed SystemATI.exe!
Video guide on how to remove SystemATI.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with SystemATI.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.