[FIXED!] How to remove svchostx64.exe?
svchostx64.exe is a pretty dangerous virus that easily sneaks into your system for malicious purposes. Usually, this process does its job quietly, but this is for the time being. We call this type of virus coin miners, because of their main purpose – secretly mining cryptocurrency using your device.
This svchostx64.exe Trojan appears in the system as built-in tool that different software that is available for free on the Internet has. The main drawback of such programs is that you never know for sure what else can be attached to them. Unfortunately, you understand that you get svchostx64.exe on your computer when it is too late.
Once penetrated the system, svchostx64.exe starts its harmful activities and makes vulnerability able to give access to other viruses and potentially unwanted objects. What should alert you first is significant slow down of your computer that has no obvious for this reasons. As a rule, the Trojan hides its acts and tries to work when you do not use your computer, and to detect this computer threat without anti-malware scanner is almost impossible. An effective way to cope with the problem is automatic removal with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool. Read instruction below to know how to delete it easily.
svchostx64.exe may declassify its presence through next symptoms:
- Slowdown of the system.
- Suspicious activity into your system.
- Abnormal CPU and GPU usage and overheating.
- Your PC works extremely bad.
svchostx64.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove svchostx64.exe virus from the browser
First of all, svchostx64.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by svchostx64.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and svchostx64.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that svchostx64.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove svchostx64.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed svchostx64.exe!
Video guide on how to remove svchostx64.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with svchostx64.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.