Firefox redirect virus. How to stop its malicious activity?
Firefox redirect virus is categorized as a browser hijacker that leads to the Internet user to unwanted sites. Thus Firefox redirect Virus is highly annoying issue. By means of redirect viruses the malware developers reach their evil goals. The cyber criminals get advertising money or sell Web resources to increase their rate.
So if your computer is hijacked by Firefox the redirect virus it reroutes you to third-party websites that you did not intend to browse to. It also opens a back door to your computer, allowing viruses, Trojans and worms, rogues penetrate to your system. The virus affects the Firefox Web browser, along with any other browser you use, such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. To stop the annoying redirects to unwanted sites you are recommended to perform the next steps:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it somewhere you want on your computer.
- Install it. At once after successful installation, launch GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- Go to TOOLs
- Select RESET IE SETTINGS option
- Select RESET HOSTS option
- If all above-mentioned steps are done reboot your PC.
- Now you are strongly recommended running full scan with GridinSoft Trojan Killer, because while the redirects to suspicious sites you could pick up some severe computer infections. Make sure to update the program before you run it. Then, when the scan has been completed, remove all infections it finds and reboot your system. If you have difficulties deleting this virus please contact us via support channels available at this site.