FilmFantastic is an annoying extension, that shows up every time you open the browser. It claims to be helpful, but it’s not. It will harm your PC even more. So how to remove it?
FilmFantastic extension promises a lot – free movies, reviews and so on. It needs to attract you, so you will add it and infect the browser. It will track all your personal information (emails, names, addresses and even a credit card information), browser history. It gives this information to the third faces, so they can use it in own purpose. Keeping this on your PC is very dangerous.
FilmFantastic extension is not just a nasty pop-up in the browser. It is really unsafe adware. We recommend removing it as soon as possible. Remember, that if you have this extension in your browser your antivirus is failed to protect the system, so you need to reconsider your choice in software. Follow our guide to delete it now.
FilmFantastic hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove FilmFantastic page from the browser
First of all, FilmFantastic is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by FilmFantastic, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and FilmFantastic has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that FilmFantastic hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove FilmFantastic traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed FilmFantastic!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with FilmFantastic in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.