Filetour.com is a browser hijackers that aims to generate income by redirecting you to sponsored pages. It is not a malicious infection but it still behaves questionably. For one, it entered your computer without your permission. Do not be surprised if you suddenly find it on your browser and have no recollection of installing it.
It was attached to some free software that you installed, and because you did not notice it, Filetour.com was allowed to install. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and then proceed to use you to make money. This is not unusual as all browser hijackers act this way. While hijackers are not serious infections, they might be able to lead you to dangerous content. You could end up with a serious malware infection, which is why you need to remove Filetour.com right away.
Browser hijackers are distributed via free software bundles. When installing free software, you should be careful not to install what is attached to it. Pay attention to the freeware installation processes and always use Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be give the option of deselecting if something has been added. Usually, the bundled items are some kind of adware or a browser hijacker. They are in no way beneficial to you. Uncheck the boxes of bundled items in Advanced and you can proceed to install the freeware safely. Do not use Default settings or rush through the installation process because you will miss added items and they will be allowed to install. This is why you are stuck having to delete Filetour.com.
Step by step instructions how to remove Filetour.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Filetour.com virus from the system
First of all, Filetour.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Filetour.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Filetour.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Filetour.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Filetour.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Filetour.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Filetour.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.