There are several programs that are recommended by us for successful removal of File Restore malware. The first thing is to run our proven, reliable and effective security application – GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Yet, running anti-virus program is not enough to completely recover your system after File Restore virus attack. Why is it so? Because this fake hard drive defragmenter makes a serious mess on your computer with your file system. It sets up the hidden attribute to your files, folders and all data available on your computer. Please be aware of the fact that the files you have on your computer aren’t removed by virus. Due to the presence of File Restore malware they now have the hidden attribute, plus they were relocated by the virus into other specifically created folder (which also has a hidden attribute, by the way). In order to restore your missing items you also need to run two additional applications called GridinSoft Unhider and GridinSoft Restore. By the way, these two applications are totally free to use. Below please find the detailed step-by-step description of File Restore malware removal process and recovery of your missing data that you need so desperately. We know you’re in trouble because of this scam, and we want to help you in restoring your system back to the previous fully functional mode.
Sequence of steps for successful File Restore virus removal and recovery of your hidden files:
- Use Win + R” hotkey combination to open “Run” command.
- In the address field you should insert the address of GridinSoft Trojan Killer’s site http://trojan-killer.net and download our recommended software.
- Install and update Trojan Killer, run the scan and remove all threats it finds.
- Additionally scan your computer with Kaspersky’s TDSS Killer downloadable here – http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe
- Make sure you can see all your files and folders with hidden attributes:
- Download and run GridinSoft Unhider – http://trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe
- Download and run GridinSoft Restore – http://trojan-killer.net/download/restore.exe
- Restart your computer.
5.1. For computers with Windows XP installed:
5.1.1. Open “My Computer“, click “Tools” and select “Folder options“.
5.1.2. Click “View” tab and select “Show hidden files and folders“
5.1.3. Click “Apply” and “OK“.
5.2. For computers with Windows Vista / Windows 7 installed:
5.2.1. Click “Organize“, then choose “Folder and search options“.
5.2.2. Click “View“, then select “Show hidden files, folders and drives“.
5.2.3. Click “Apply” and “OK“.
File Restore automatic removal security software:
Removal video at YouTube:
File Restore manual remover:
Delete File Restore files:
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\File_Restore.lnk
%Programs%\File Restore\File Restore.lnk
%Programs%\File Restore\Uninstall File Restore.lnk
Delete File Restore registry entries: