ficbook.com (ficbook.com/?z) redirect virus – how to remove?
If you always been redirected to ficbook.com domain, then you have an adware installed on your PC. Once it gets into your system it infects all popular browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera and other browsers. It is an annoying virus, that is capable to ruin your system, so our team recommends you to remove ficbook.com/?z as soon as possible. Follow this step-by-step guide to clean the system.
ficbook.com cause redirects on sponsored sites – poker, sport, online shops and so on. Worst of all – they are not checked for viruses. Usually, such adware as ficbook.com brings users more viruses – ransomware, trojans and other adware. This adware tracks your browser activity to propose you personalized ads, so there are bigger chances that you will click on them.
ficbook.com is not appeared by itself. It comes into your system attached to free software. This method called bundling. We recommend to read carefully Term of Agreement and do not click “I agree” button if there are additional tools, that you don’t want.
ficbook.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove ficbook.com virus from the browser
First of all, ficbook.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by ficbook.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and ficbook.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that ficbook.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove ficbook.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed ficbook.com!
Video guide on how to remove ficbook.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ficbook.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.