Ffsearch.net is a vicious search engine that seems useful. It without your consent changes the browser settings after it is deployed on your computer. This adware contains some strange features and demonstrates many dubious acts.Ffsearch.net uses many hidden ways to penetrate your browser. In most cases, it comes bundled with free and shareware. Thus, the majority of PC users who purchased Ffsearch.net even consider it to be a virus.
Being on your computer, Ffsearch.net tracks and records details, such as your online inquiries and visited websites.
Basically, it collects all your confidential information, which can be useful for their marketing campaign. All the information collected by cyber- crooks was often shared with a third party. Those details that mainly use to boost up their marketing scheme are also used by crooks for other nasty purposes.
This browser hijacker will only make your system more expose to further attack. Seeing that the real functions of Ffsearch.net are quite reverse to what it proposes. It clearly shows that you cannot guard your system as well as your privacy while having this adware.To restore the browser to the previous settings, you need to remove Ffsearch.net. In addition, this is the only way to stop all the strange and unlikely functions of your system.
Ffsearch.net hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Ffsearch.net page from the browser
First of all, Ffsearch.net is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Ffsearch.net, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Ffsearch.net has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Ffsearch.net hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Ffsearch.net traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Ffsearch.net!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Ffsearch.net in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.