The FetchBravo.com is a website that may look like a legit search engine, but this is a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program. There are a lot of different ways for this service to break in. It uses deceptive and tricky ways to be installed and then alters some of your browser settings on its own. It has spread to millions of computer and it is not safe to keep this kind of program inside of your computer.
For FetchBravo.com, there are few ways to be installed. The most common way of installation is called bundling. It means that one programs” installation is wrapped in the installation of another program. Besides that, cyber criminals also using email spam messaging and viral advertisements to spread their malicious software among users.
And once FetchBravo.com is inside, you will see this website every time you open your browser. Your homepage and default search engine will be set on this web resource. This trick is very common and effective among software spreaders. These are main reasons why we consider FetchBravo.com as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program. Although this web service looks normal, it will show you adverts in search results page that could redirect you on potentially viral links. By opening such links you are jeopardizing your safety and privacy. That is why we strongly advised you to remove FetchBravo.com web page from your browser and scan your computer for more malicious activity. Follow the removal instruction below to do that as soon as possible.
FetchBravo.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove FetchBravo.com page from the browser
First of all, FetchBravo.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by FetchBravo.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and FetchBravo.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that FetchBravo.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove FetchBravo.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed FetchBravo.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with FetchBravo.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.