FBI. Cybercrime Division scam. How to unlock your system
FBI. Cybercrime Division virus stands for a dangerous malware locker that blocks PCs and scares active Internet users accusing them for infringing the national legislation. It’s the latest sample of FBI GreenDot Moneypak trojan which was launched into the cyber space several months ago. The hoax applies the name of FBI to draw some trust from deceived US citizens and implement its evil plot much faster. Generally, the locker shows a message on your PC’s screen saying that you have infringed “Copyright and Related Rights Law (Video, Music, Software) and illegally used or distributed the content which was copyrighted. FBI Cybercrime Division malware does not let you run any of your PCs and completely disables the computer so you couldn’t do anything on your workstation.
The virus tells that you should pay a fine amounted to 300 USD in order to unlock your system and fix this locked status. It gives you 7 days to do that and it promises to unblock your PC within 72 hours. In reality, FBI Cybercrime Division scam only tries to obtain funds from you. No official agency would be telling to pay any fines using pre-paid cards, whereas this particular scam applies MoneyPak payment system for this goal.
Taking into consideration the above-said, you shouldn’t ever trust the warning of this scam and get rid of FBI Cybercrime Division malware from your system asap. Below you may find our recommended elimination guides which will aid to get rid of this hoax effectively, once and for all.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.