fastlocalmaps.com notifications are the result of adware penetration. The things are quite upsetting when there appear a slew of pop-ups while opening the browser. The alerts aim to persuade you to install additional helpful software to promote your PC. Fast Local Maps extension is among such applications. Do not hurry up and believe these adverts as they are completely malicious. Carry on reading to know how to eliminate the threat.
fastlocalmaps.com alerts appear really suddenly, just yesterday, there were none, today you suffer from a million of ads. Such advertisement banners are not only intrusive but really useless. What’s more, in case of interaction, you are likely to obtain a lot of dangerous viruses masked to be utilities. And it will be a challenge to get rid of them. Constant redirections to unknown web pages are also a problem.
The source of fastlocalmaps.com pop-ups may be adware or PUP not sifted by the antivirus as unwanted while installation. We always pay attention to the fact that it is much easier to predict the computer threat appearance than eliminate it from already compromised PC. The owner has to pay attention to the software updates and use only respectful service resources and platforms.
fastlocalmaps.com adware is unwanted to stay onto your PC. It is mandatory to eliminate it as soon as possible. Scan the system to find the current threat and delete it. Our GridinSoft Anti-Malware software has been made to clean all unwanted items on your computer. Short guide you see below can help you to understand what to do first and how remove the rubbish correctly.
fastlocalmaps.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove fastlocalmaps.com virus from the browser
First of all, fastlocalmaps.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by fastlocalmaps.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and fastlocalmaps.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that fastlocalmaps.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove fastlocalmaps.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed fastlocalmaps.com!
Video guide on how to remove fastlocalmaps.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with fastlocalmaps.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.