Expendresults.com, also known as Expendresults.com, is a browser hijacker that will keep redirecting your home page to itself. Also, when you submit some search queries through its built-in search forms you will notice that you’re also redirected through the hijacker. However, this is a pseudo search engine that is not able at all to furnish you with any adequate search results. Instead, it will keep displaying the multitude of really intrusive advertisement banners and pop-ups that will be extremely annoying for you to observe. And, finally, the hijacker is involved in regularly spying over your browsing activities by regularly transmitting the information to third parties for different illegal purposes. To get your system fixed, please carefully follow this detailed removal guide below that implies automatic fixing your system using reliable malware removal software.
Expendresults.com browser hijacker will produce an extremely negative impact on performance of your computer. It will make your system function extremely slow due to presence of many other potentially unwanted programs which are interconnected with the hijacker. Their purpose is to prevent you from deleting the hijacker from your browser in a simple manual way. Altogether, these programs and the very hijacker will cause high CPU usage and eventually may result in utter failure of your system to operate, even if you have the computer that was just recently purchased.
Expendresults.com will promise to furnish you with some excellent search results, however, these abilities are surely overestimated. The truth is that the hijacker is simply not able to furnish you with an adequate search data. Instead, it will simply load your screen with a lot of irrelevant advertisement banners and various sponsored links that will lead you to many dangerous sites in the web. Plus, the hijacker will permanently track your browsing data and may transfer this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. Hence, it plays the role of spyware in your system. In the light of this information, you’re strongly advised not to surf the web through Expendresults.com fake search engine.
Expendresults.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Expendresults.com page from the browser
First of all, Expendresults.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Expendresults.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Expendresults.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Expendresults.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Expendresults.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Expendresults.com!
Video guide on how to remove Expendresults.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Expendresults.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.