Euro-search.net is a browser hijacker that can cause quite the mess once it makes its way to your computer. The first thing you’ll notice after it infects your system, are some changes without your knowledge. Yes, there are more harmful programs than this one, but that doesn’t mean that you should just leave it on your PC. This browser add-on should not be ignored, so you should delete it from your system right now.
As soon as it makes its way to your computer, Euro-search.net replaces your default homepage and usual search engine. But it doesn’t stop there. It making changes without your permission first, and leave you to deal with the results after it’s done. What’s worse, is that the hijacker also keeps tracking your browser activity. That includes your web searches and all the personal information you might have shared, like your name, phone number and email address and even banking information!
Moreover, it even makes other threats, malware, PUP drop onto your computer. The only purpose of the Euro-search.net (EuroSearch) browser hijacker is to trick users to click on its redirected links so as to generate revenue for its publishers. So, if you are also getting such kind of pop-ups due to Euro-search.net then at once go for deletion.
Euro-search.net hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Euro-search.net page from the browser
First of all, Euro-search.net is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Euro-search.net, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Euro-search.net has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Euro-search.net hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Euro-search.net traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Euro-search.net!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Euro-search.net in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.