Etype is an adware that squeezes to your computer without your permission and causes a lot of inconveniences. To reach the targeted PC the badware searches for the available vulnerabilities. It can compromise almost any Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The short list of malicious actions done by Etype virus
- EType Virus Can log user’s keyboard activity, change system settings.
- EType Virus takes snapshots of the user’s screen, redirects them to tricky websites.
- EType Virus uses stealth installation and removal is very difficult.
- EType Virus tends to slow down PC performances
- EType Virus may bring other Trojans, keyloggers, worms, fake programs to the infected computer.
- EType Virus is a big threat to users’ privacy
The principal objective of Etype virus is to divert all your search results to search.etype.com website. This web resource does not differ from the regular search page. It is only at first glimpse. Actually, it can open the backdoor for other malware to enter. Needless to say that it is really unpleasant to visit the websites you did not intend to. The surfing on the Internet turns into nightmare. Plus, Etype virus alters your homepage, add some unknown websites to your bookmarks list, which would never add. Also various pop ups will be displayed on your screen, they appear at certain interval of times, preventing you from the steady work. As you see it’s a messy thing to have this adware installed on your workstation.
If you are sick and tired of all these redirections, pop-ups and system slowdowns we will tell you how to eliminate these issues once and for all. Launch the full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, like GridinSoft Trojan Killer and remove all detected threats “invited” during redirects (if there are such). When the system check is completed do the next steps:
- Open the control panel. Remove any Etype entries.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall any Etype entries
- Go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons. Disable Etype related entries. Change you homepage from search.etype.com to any you prefer.
- Go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions and disable eType, eType Manager, eType Toolbar and similar. Replace your homepage as well.
On Google Chrome:
- Click on Wrench icon -> select Tools -> Extensions, select “Settings Protector” and click a trash icon. Change your homepage.
If you have any questions, you may always contact GridinSoft Support Team and have them solved