Dtrk.slimcdn.com is one of the most nasty and stubborn PC threat identified as web browser hijacker and redirect virus. Dtrk.slimcdn.com has prevailed for several years among all the Windows systems, thousands of computers got infected by it and more and more computers are still threatened by it currently.
All the version of Dtrk.slimcdn.com are made to replace the victims’ browser homepage /start page and default search engine such as Google or Yahoo. To most of victims, removal of Dtrk.slimcdn.com is extremely difficult, since regular methods like browser resetting, re-installation, add-on/extension deleting cannot eliminate this conduit search hijacker. Dtrk.slimcdn.com is a ads-supported and harmful search engine, which only provides ads links for you as search results, you may be cheated to buy unwanted products.
Dtrk.slimcdn.com has close relation with spyware and adware, it will installs malicious toolbar and extensions without your permission, and you will be keep redirecting to unwanted websites and harassed by annoying ads. What’s worse, spyware comes with Dtrk.slimcdn.com will monitor your online browsing traces to collect your data and even steal your confidential information. It’s highly suggested to get rid of Dtrk.slimcdn.com as early as possible, or you will have to suffer from problems such as financial loss.
How to remove Dtrk.slimcdn.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Dtrk.slimcdn.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Dtrk.slimcdn.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Dtrk.slimcdn.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Dtrk.slimcdn.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!