ds.exe worsens the work of your CPU. What to do with ds.exe?
ds.exe process indicates Trojan Horse invasion. It has been developed to disrupt digital currency. So, Bitcoin or Monero, and other owners of digital money should be really alert if they aren’t ready to lose their money. Miner leads its criminal activity using infected computer’s resources. No doubt, users know nothing, till they end up without money. Trojan is really discreet and unpredictable.
First of all, let’s understand how ds.exe penetrated your PC. We guess that mindless installation was the reason of that. If you download software without paying attention what exactly gets to your system, you are the potential owner of malware. There are EULAs (End User License Agreements) which honestly tell you about all items being installed. Spend several minutes on reading them, and you automatically decrease the risks. The other problem takes place when already existing anti-virus utility is weak enough to protect the system, it can permit malware installation without problems. You need reliable software that is able to control what you install.
ds.exe should give up and leave your system before it is not too late. The activities it conducts infect the computer and harm it. Even those who use computer not for work, notice that the performance is rather slow, it is difficult to use browser as pop-ups disturb them, and so on. But people don’t know that their private information may already be in bad hands. You can only guess what can be with it then. We offer you to react before this happens. Use GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool as you see on the schemes. You will first results just now, it is fast in detecting the threat and removing unwanted apps.
ds.exe in your system if:
- CPU loses its power more than usually.
- The time for boot process rises more and more.
- Programs launch for too long.
- General state of your PC is poor.
ds.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove ds.exe virus from the browser
First of all, ds.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by ds.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and ds.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that ds.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove ds.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed ds.exe!
Video guide on how to remove ds.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ds.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.