It is not a coincidence that you have located drvhandler.exe process in your Task Manager. The chances are that your computer got recently contaminated with certain malicious software, or at least with some potentially unwanted utility (which doesn’t often make any difference). While drvhandler.exe process is active a lot of unexpected things could occur, such as various sudden pop-ups through your default browser, redirection issues, etc. In general, your PC will have the peculiarity of essential slowdown because of this particular process to be enabled. However, this is just a brief analysis and the real consequences of drvhandler.exe process for your PC could be really devastating in the short or long run.
Right-click on drvhandler.exe in the Task Manager and it will open the C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming folder where the process is going on. The process finds the links with many other services and that is a real problem. If you try to delete this folder manually, you will need to demolish some other useful items, too. Not all are ready for such step, so they ignore the problem and suffer in silence. Unfortunately, the threat is still active and it creates a lot of obstacles for your normal usage of the device. It will go on until you delete drvhandler.exe infection.
The appearance of the drvhandler.exe process in your system is not a coincidence. It is a result of careless online behavior or poor work of the anti-virus software. Be careful with the steps of installation to decreases the risk of penetration or even prevent it by blocking all unwanted objects that are attached to the cost-free utilities. Think twice before clicking on the suspicious links you suddenly see in the popping-up windows. Social networks that your browser can forward you to may also contain malware samples. If there is a gap in the defense, various Trojans, viruses, PUPs and adware can invade the system and start their harmful activities. Increase the level of security with a proven anti-malware tool. The majority of Internet users add it to detect the threat and delete all possible rubbish.
The source of the drvhandler.exe process will not disappear itself and go on spoiling the work of your device. Use GridinSoft Anti-Malware software that will remove all unwanted rubbish and keep the system clean. Follow the information in the steps provided in the rest of the article to make your computer safe again.
Automatic removal tool for drvhandler.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for drvhandler.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by drvhandler.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: