Driver Updater Plus potentially unwanted application. How to get rid of Driver Updater Plus?
Driver Updater Plus claims to be a beneficial free application, but as Driver Updater Plus is a real adware and a potentially unwanted program, it has never been true that it will help you in your online activities. What is adware? It belongs to a part of the virus and it is usually annoyed and dangerous. However, it is capable of damaging your whole computer system.
How does Driver Updater Plus work in your computer? First of all, it will release increasing ads with fake and misleading content. Even you are a person who is not that into ads, you will be attractive since the content is made according to your browsing records and your personal preference; when you click the ads, you are set up into a trap that you will redirect to an irrelevant pages sponsoring Driver Updater Plus, or you will auto download and install the software you don’t want. What’s worse, it will be used as a tool by hackers to get more adware or virus on your PC.
The ads and freeware by Driver Updater Plus will occupy your whole recourse which can be put to better use. And then, your internet speed and operation efficiency will be slowed down and even the whole system will be slacked off.
Last but not the least, the scariest thing is that Driver Updater Plus can steal your privacy or your registration information serving as a key to your credit card, e-bank or any other financial account. Without your consent, thousands of money will be stolen as well. We will never recommend you keep this adware. Therefore, we provide you the removal guide as follows.
Driver Updater Plus removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Driver Updater Plus virus from the browser
First of all, Driver Updater Plus is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Driver Updater Plus, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Driver Updater Plus has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Driver Updater Plus hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Driver Updater Plus traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Driver Updater Plus!
Video guide on how to remove Driver Updater Plus from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Driver Updater Plus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.