Disk Repair rogue. How to get rid of Disk Repair fake system optimizer
Bear in mind that the present world of information technologies is considerably overburdened with plenty of malicious tools and applications. This is very unpleasant circumstance, but at the same time this is a reality that should be recognized. Thus, you should be on guard and be warned timely of new versions of already known infections. This is why now we would like to emphasize your utmost attention on Disk Repair. It should be noted that in some cases it is also referred to as DiskRepair or Disc Repair. This is one more tricky and fake system optimizer that has been actively attacking many PCs over the latest time framework. Disk Repair is a direct clone of many other fake system defragmenters, of which we have already notified you in some of our previous posts. At the same time, if your PC is indeed contaminated with this virus you need to take steps on its successful elimination as soon as possible.
Remember that Disk Repair does not really perform the set tasks. Well, it always aims to convince you that some crucial disk defragmentation should be performed and that you have certain other computer problems that should be eliminated. Disk Repair is a scareware whose goal is to convince you that the viruses detected by it are true ones, in order to make you want to get a solution that would redeem your operating system from such infections.
One of the characteristics of this rogue is the obstacle that it generally penetrates to your computer without your consent or authorization. Hence, you probably will not even encounter the procedure of Disk Repair download, installation and operation of its malicious processes on your system. Its infiltration generally takes place due to Trojans and other security vulnerabilities. Generally Disk Repair presents many scanners and fictitious warnings that only aim to fool you. This scareware tells you that your hard drive cannot be identified, that your CPU temperature is too critical and that there are some other unusual things that are supposed to get you frustrated about the further performance of your computer. Well, needless to mention, soon Disk Repair would offer you to buy its registered version in order to eradicate the supposedly detected problems. However, Disk Repair will, without any doubt, fail to carry out any good thing for your computer and its protection. It only promises to remove the detected errors while there are none of such problems with your PC in reality. This is why it is quite clear that the rogue just tries to possess with your money just like all of its counterparts that have been horribly “stinking” on many contaminated PCs recently. That is why you should provide your PC to be free from Disk Repair virus. In order to achieve this worthwhile goal we strongly recommend you to get help from decent and reputable anti-virus software. Alternatively, you may refer to our manual removal advises given below for removal of Disk Repair virus.
Disk Repair automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Disk Repair manual removal guide:
Delete Disk Repair files:
%Programs%\Disk Repair\Disk Repair.lnk
%Programs%\Disk Repair\Uninstall Disk Repair.lnk
Delete Disk Repair registry entries: