Disk Recovery virus. How to remove Disk Recovery fake PC defragmenter
Disk Recovery is another fake optimizing tool from the same malicious family of malwares as HDD Defragmenter, Smart Defragmenter and System Defragmenter and many others. This tool supposedly identifies various fake system errors, shows plenty of fake system alerts, blocks legitimate Windows programs from running. This is all done for the only purpose – to scare you into thinking your PC is in terrible condition that you will then buy its full version to have these errors fixed. Please note that Disk Recovery is a scam, thus it is neither able to detect not to fix any stated problems. So do not buy it, no matter how convincing it might seem to be! If your computer is infected you need to ignore all that it shows you.
As soon as it launched upon successful penetration, Disk Recovery will tune up itself to run automatically with Windows startup. So, the program imitates a scan of PC `s hard drives, memory and identifies lots of critical system errors which are all fake. The deceptive tool only pretends to scan your PC and is unable to identify any real problems and errors. Disk Recovery wants to fool you into buying its full version. Thus, don`t pay for the fake program and simply disregard its false scan results reported to you.
To summarize the aforesaid, if you encounter that your PC is infected with this malware, then first of all do not buy it. Use the removal guidelines for elimination of Disk Recovery from your PC once and for all.
Disk Recovery automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Disk Recovery manual removal guide:
Delete Disk Recovery files:
%Programs%\Disk Recovery\Disk Recovery.lnk
%Programs%\Disk Recovery\Uninstall Disk Recovery.lnk
Delete Disk Recovery registry entries: