Disk Optimizer is referred to the category of a typical rogue program which in the reality is simply another junkware that performs all sorts of malicious activities on the infected computer. It is a recently developed fake PC defragmenter and system optimizing tool which was elaborated by cyber criminals in order to force you into purchasing this totally useless application.
You need to come to the understanding and confidence in the fact that even though Disk Optimizer may seem to be the legitimate program, it’s a total scareware which was elaborated by hackers trying to trick as many users as possible. Hence, if you encounter Disk Optimizer malware on your system you should remove it as soon as possible from your hard drive.
It goes without saying that irrespective of the legitimate outward appearance of the virus, it’s not going to do any good thing for your computer, and therefore should be deleted as quickly and duly as possible in order to provide the normal smooth performance of your system.
Even though Disk Optimizer does not cause any permanent damage to your computer, it blocks the Task Manager, your Internet Options and various other important parameters of Windows or other OS installed on your system. You should not trust Disk Optimizer and ignore any notices and warnings given by it. And, beyond any doubt, you should remove it at once. Hence, seek aid from a well-established anti-virus tool that can cope with this task. Please take heed to the instructions given below for automatic and manual removal of this virus.
Disk Optimizer automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Disk Optimizer manual removal guide:
Delete Disk Optimizer files:
%Programs%\Disk Optimizer\Disk Optimizer.lnk
%Programs%\Disk Optimizer\Uninstall Disk Optimizer.lnk
Delete Disk Optimizer registry entries: