Disk OK fake system optimizer. How to get rid of Disk OK virus
Disk OK (also known under the name of DiskOK) is the new branch that has just appeared on the virus tree in the thorny garden of malicious programs. Stating of itself as certain unbelievable remedy for system improvement and functionality boost, this scam is very knowledgeable in fooling many computer users at this time. Cause the truth reality is that Disk OK is not able at all of removing any disk errors it claims to be present on your system.
You need to remember that Disk OK has the outward appearance and design that is very close to that of HDD OK – another virus of which we have told you already. Both of them come from the same malicious family of fake programs that should be eliminated at the very initial detection. Remember that Disk OK comes to workstation without user’s knowledge or authorization. This is all achieved by means of some holes in security settings of your computer or other system threats which give the chance for interference of this badware inside of your workstation. Needless to say, you would be really worried when you see this virus on your machine , cause the outcome of its availability and further functioning will be really horrible. Oh yes, they will… You will face lots of popups, ads and other system warnings telling that your system performance urgently needs some immediate enhancement. Disk OK would state that it is the only remedy for elimination of such detected problems. You need to know that all such stories are just the fairytales, and the errors detected do not really exist. But before such popups and ads appear, Disk OK would show certain fake scanning of your PC with same false detection of computer problems, in order to make its statements look more persuasive. Later on the invitation to purchase Disk OK would appear. Those who agree to do so are just being deceived and fooled. Cause they have not purchased some good tool but the virus instead.
To make the long story short, immediately delete Disk OK virus from your system. Do not believe its faulty promises and, of course, do not purchase it. If you have already done so please dispute that charges as soon as possible. For its successful uninstall please refer to the reputable anti-virus tool.
Disk OK automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Disk OK manual removal guide:
Delete Disk OK files:
%Programs%\Disk OK\Disk OK.lnk
%Programs%\Disk OK\Uninstall Disk OK.lnk
Delete Disk OK registry entries: