Disk Helper virus. How to get rid of Disk Helper fake system optimizing tool
Disk Helper is a relatively new virus that is nowadays becoming more and more pushy. It is very similar to Fast Disk virus, of which we have already told you before. It is being actively distributed in the cyber space and the consequences of its destructive activity are very out of the blue. If you happen to encounter it on your workstation do not trust in any messages it states. You need to be aware that this is a typical rogue that should be deleted from your system at once upon the very first identification.
It is really amazing how this totally useless program gets inside of your PC. Well, this is the main plot of the game of its elaborators, because Disk Helper virus penetrates to systems without user’s coordination for such action, or even his/her knowledge of this infiltration. This is all done due to available system vulnerabilities or some gaps in computer security. Thus, you are facing quite aggressive malware that should be removed at once.
Bear in mind that after its successful penetration, Disk Helper would reveal plenty of notices telling about errors inside of your machine. These notices most commonly include messages about HDD missing, files being infected with viruses or other fake warnings. Apart of that, Disk Helper would imitate certain type of system scan. At its end Disk Helper would give a notice that there are many errors detected, and it would then suggest itself as a solution for deletion of such so-called identified threats. Needless to say that, Disk Helper tries to persuade you to buy it, even though such errors do not exist in reality and, even if such problems would take exist Disk Helper would not be able to deal with them not even identify them. There is no any decent help granted in response. Thus, be careful with it.
To summarize the aforesaid, ignore any messages presented by Disk Helper. And, needless to emphasize, do not pay any cent for it. On the contrary, seek assistance from a well-known anti-virus program and delete this fake at once, without any loitering. Otherwise your will beyond any doubt regret for your failure to act accordingly.
Disk Helper automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Disk Helper manual removal guide:
DeleteDisk Helper files:
%Programs%\Disk Helper\Disk Helper.lnk
%Programs%\Disk Helper\Uninstall Disk Helper.lnk
Delete Disk Helper registry entries: