Disk Defragmenter (bit another name DiskDefragmenter) clone of Disk Optimizer – so it is a new threat that is now becoming more and more aggressive. It is being actively distributed in the World Wide Web and the results of its malicious activity are very destructive. If you see it on your system do not trust in any notices it presents. You should know that this is a typical malware that should be uninstalled from your system immediately upon the very first detection.
You might wonder how could “Disk Defragmenter” get inside of your workstation if you personally have never installed it and did not even intend of doing this? Well, this is the main plot of the game of its elaborators, because Disk Defragmenter virus comes to systems without user’s approval or even knowledge. This is all achieved because of certain system vulnerabilities or some gaps in PC security. Hence, here it is – quite aggressive malware that needs removal at once.
After its successful penetration, “Disk Defragmenter” would show plenty of notices telling about errors inside of your machine. These notices generally include messages about HDD missing, files being contaminated with viruses or other fake warnings. In addition, “Disk Defragmenter” would imitate certain type of system scan. At its termination “Disk Defragmenter” would give a warning that there are many errors detected, and it would then offer itself as a remedy for deletion of such so-called identified threats. Needless to mention, “Disk Defragmenter” tries to persuade you to buy it, even though such errors do not exist in reality and, even if such problems would take place “Disk Defragmenter” would not be able to deal with them.
To summarize the aforesaid, ignore any messages presented by “Disk Defragmenter”. And, of course, do not buy it. Get decent remedy from a decent anti-virus and remove this rogue immediately, without waiting long. Otherwise your whole system will turn out into total disorder.
Disk Defragmenter automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Disk Defragmenter manual removal guide:
Delete Disk Defragmenter files:
%Programs%\Disk Defragmenter\Disk Defragmenter.lnk
%Programs%\Disk Defragmenter\Uninstall Disk Defragmenter.lnk
Delete Disk Defragmenter registry entries: