Dig.coinup.org Removal [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
Dig.coinup.org is a browser hijacker that could make unwanted changes to your browser no matter what browser do you use: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. The program doesn’t ask users’ permission and it replaces your homepage and default search provider. Although it looks like most of the other search providers, it tries to advertise sponsored websites, so you cannot really trust its results.
Dig.coinup.org replaces the default search engine, default homepage, and default new tab page in most major browsers when it is installed on the computer. Whenever people use the oursurfing.com homepage to search, the owners of it gain profit. It used a sneaky method, known as bundling, to enter your computer and was attached to some freeware that you were installing. That is how it entered your computer.
Generally, users install browser hijacker unintentionally, via free software. When installing freeware, it is important that you use Advanced or Custom settings and deselect what has been added to it. The boxes that you need to deselect appear only on those settings so if you have a habit of using Default settings, that might be the reason why you have Dig.coinup.org on your computer. It takes mere seconds to uncheck a couple of boxes compared to later having to remove Dig.coinup.org or something similar. Therefore, make sure you prevent extra items from installing initially.
Step by step instructions how to remove Dig.coinup.org virus.
STEP 1. Remove Dig.coinup.org virus from the system
First of all, Dig.coinup.org is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Dig.coinup.org virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Dig.coinup.org browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Dig.coinup.org virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Dig.coinup.org from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Dig.coinup.org prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Dig.coinup.org virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.