If you’ve noticed “Your Device is Under Threat” pop-up in your browser we have sad news: you are infected by a browser hijacker. It randomly redirects you to Your Device is Under Threat site and tells about problems with your computer. It attends to scary you and do what it wants: download “save” app, call on the phone number, go to a third-party website.
“Your Device is Under Threat” infects not only such popular browsers as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, but spreads its activity to the other not so spread browsers, too. When you are ignoring the threat, it is provoking installation of more even more hazardous items in your system. By the way, this hijacker is very dangerous itself as it collects personal information and transfers it to unknown users to receive benefits then.
It is very easy to get infected with “Your Device is Under Threat” from Your Device is Under Threat hijacker. Usually, it gets bundled with free downloads, you may not even notice the appearance of it. Also, it spreads via spam email, so be really careful about what you are opening and downloading.
If you see this pop-up, our team recommends you to remove it as soon as possible. You can try to do it manually, but usually, hijacker hides in other files, so it impossible to notice. That is why we recommend an automatic removal.
“Your Device is Under Threat” removal guide
STEP 1. Remove “Your Device is Under Threat” virus from the browser
First of all, “Your Device is Under Threat” is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by “Your Device is Under Threat”, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and “Your Device is Under Threat” has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that “Your Device is Under Threat” hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove “Your Device is Under Threat” traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed “Your Device is Under Threat”!
Video guide on how to remove “Your Device is Under Threat” from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with “Your Device is Under Threat” in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.