The wmiprvser.exe relates to a Trojan Horse penetration that is possible on every PC with not appropriate level of security. It violates popular digital currency making trouble for its owners. There are several ways for invasion, we are going to share all of them to help you prevent future problems. Let’s have a look on this computer threat.
This wmiprvser.exe Trojan comes with built-in tools that users do not check while installing different apps online. Such kind of programs usually contain infected samples and in case when people do not know what exactly they obtain, they can achieve something malicious, too.
Stuff like the wmiprvser.exe starts using 70% or even more of the CPU’s power for own purposes without direct permission of the PC owner that will have negative consequences if to say about computer efficiency. That happens because wmiprvser.exe spends computer’s power for its own benefits. All-in-all, you will find your computer exhausted as it is going to heat more than usually. It goes without saying, you don’t have a wish to change your CPU ahead of time. But hot temperatures result untimely death of your computer.
Pay attention to the wmiprvser.exe Trojan symptoms:
- The usage of CPU and graphics cards jumps up significantly via the wmiprvser.exe process.
- Web browsing session goes not so fast as it used to be.
- Time for programs’ launch grows.
- Your PC performs badly.
wmiprvser.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove wmiprvser.exe virus from the browser
First of all, wmiprvser.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by wmiprvser.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and wmiprvser.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that wmiprvser.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove wmiprvser.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed wmiprvser.exe!
Video guide on how to remove wmiprvser.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with wmiprvser.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.