The Qtipr.com is a malicious site what can randomly appear on your computer or you will be redirected to it while you using your browser. This browser hijacker that often installs silently and changes some browser settings without you noticing it. The Qtipr.com hijacker can easily infect lots of popular browsers such as Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, Safari and Microsoft Edge, so every time you go online you will effect of this tricky virus. After its installation you will start to see Qtipr.com (or any else malicious site) as your new home page, your search engine will be changed and the bad thing is that Qtipr.com can be installed along with some other program that can be considered as potentially unwanted or even malware. There are many a lot more popular browser virus all over the internet like – Trotux.com or Youndoo.com, be careful if you notice one of them, this guide will show you how to remove such viruses fast and easily.
Qtipr.com be installed if you have some virus on your computer or while you install some freeware. Be careful with program what you download from suspicious sites, most of them have bundled with other software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options. Never allow the program to install with ‘Custom’ option, or be ready that some additional program will appear on your computer. So after Qtipr.com become part of your system it will bring many changes into your computer. You will see Qtipr.com.com as your new homepage and use its search engine as your default. Never ignore sites what was appearing on your computer without any notification. We highly recommend removing Qtipr.com after you was redirected to it for the first time!
Qtipr.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Qtipr.com virus from the browser
First of all, Qtipr.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Qtipr.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Qtipr.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Qtipr.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 1. Remove Qtipr.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Qtipr.com!
Video guide on how to remove Qtipr.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Qtipr.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.