Peekier.com is a browser hijacker. It may not be a harmful threat, however, it is also not a useful tool. The only ones who benefit from the hijacker are its creators. It makes profit for them by exposing you to various advertisements. That is why the hijacker alters your browser settings, causes redirects to its sponsor sites, inserts commercial data into your visited pages, and more. It affects all web browsers including Mozilla, Chrome, IE, and others. The only way to get rid of its symptoms is to delete Peekier.com completely.
The first action that Peekier.com hijacker takes is changing your Internet browser settings. It replaces your home page and default search engine with Peekier.com. Such pages usually have a search box and quick access buttons as Facebook, Gmail, Ebay, Twitter, and others. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get rerouted to domains detected as unsafe by different anti-malware tools. You cannot trust the results that it brings you. We urge you not to make use of this search engine at all.
You should be aware that Peekier.com floods you with ads that are not monitored by anyone. The advertisements could be fake and lead you to corrupted pages. If you do not wish to deal with online scams, you should stay away from the adverts. Please note that the hijacker tracks your cookies, which means that it collects data about your online browsing habits. These details can be used to create personalized ads that may appear especially useful to you. These ads could be untrustworthy as well. If you wish to improve your online security level and browsing speed, you will have to terminate Peekier.com.
Step by step instructions how to remove Peekier.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Peekier.com virus from the browser
First of all, Peekier.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove Peekier.com virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Peekier.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Peekier.com browser extension!
STEP 3. Peekier.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Peekier.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.