In this guide we will explain what mrprotection.exe file stands for. Additionally, you will find out about the danger associated with this process and ways it can be removed from your system (uninstall guidelines). Don’t you think mrprotection.exe is a dangerous file? Well, read the rest of the story to find out the whole truth about it.
Mrprotection.exe is a new process which is used by the virus called Internet Security. The desktop icon of it is called “Internet Security 2013”, for this reason some users speak of this virus by adding “2013” to it. There have been many other processes in the past which were obviously related to the virus called Internet Security. Right now the name mrprotection.exe is used by this fake antivirus to scare users.
Why do you need to remove mrprotection.exe (Internet Security virus)? This is a good question, of course. The malware has in mind to make you buy its so-called full version of license, which is not able to protect you. Whenever you try to use any legitimate application for its removal the rogue will report this program as infected with virus W32/Blaster.Worm. In order to bypass this blockage you will need to stop or terminate the process of this hoax – which is now called mrprotection.exe. Please follow the guidelines below that will help you in this matter.
Mrprotection.exe – similar but effective instructions at YouTube on how to kill its process:
Detailed removal instructions:
- Open “My Computer” (Windows Explorer).
- In the address field insert http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe and hit “Enter” key.
- Save “explorer.exe” to your Desktop or elsewhere.
- Run “explorer.exe“.
- In the empty field type “Internet Security” and click “Scan“.
- Give your permission to kill the process of Internet Security virus process (mrprotection.exe).
- Visit the site https://trojan-killer.net to download GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
- Install it and scan your PC with the program.
- Remove all infections found.
Internet Security screenshot:
Internet Security 2013 manual removal guide:
Delete Internet Security 2013 files:
%desktop%\\Internet Security 2013.lnk
Delete Internet Security 2013 registry entries:
HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run\\Internet Security 2013