Delete Gikayo redirect virus
Gikayo is also known as a hazardous browser hijacker that poorly hampers the computer system. It can affect all sorts of web browsers such as IE, Firefox, Google, and so forth. Seemingly, it seems like a genuine search engine but it is turned to be an advertising platform that can display various types of pop ups once installed successfully. It can be utilized by cyber hackers to monitor your browsing behavior to gain benefit. It comes into the target computer through many different channels like spam email attachments, visiting hacked websites, downloading free items from unsafe websites.
Gikayo tricky redirect virus can put itself hidden deep and stealthily execute inside the background of the PC to degrade your computer system. Expect these, it modifies web browser settings, changes default search engine and default homepage to its website link without permission. Every time you start your browsers to do search on the internet then you will be forced to visit this Gikayo site. What’s worse, you may be redirected to visit some malicious sites that usually contain Trojans, spyware, adware, viruses, rootkits and other malware programs. It is very dangerous! Any malicious programs get installed will cause serious influences to the system. Therefore, to protect your computer against malware, the smartest thing is to remove Gikayo browser hijacker from your computer as soon as possible.
Usually, Gikayo is bundled with free or share software which downloaded from the Internet. In addition, browser hijacker or other malware program like adware is often distributed through spam emails, attachments, online chats, social websites and other unprotected networks. If you often download software/application from unknown or unreliable websites, you may get infected easily.
Step by step instructions how to remove Gikayo virus.
STEP 1. Remove Gikayo virus from the system
First of all, Gikayo is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Gikayo virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Gikayo browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Gikayo virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Gikayo from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Gikayo prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Gikayo virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.