Delete csrss.1.exe CPU Miner.
csrss.1.exe is a pretty dangerous virus that easily sneaks into your system for malicious purposes. Usually, this process does its job quietly, but this is for the time being. We call this type of virus coin miners, because of their main purpose – secretly mining cryptocurrency using your device.
This csrss.1.exe Trojan appears in the system as built-in tool that different software that is available for free on the Internet has. The main drawback of such programs is that you never know for sure what else can be attached to them. Unfortunately, you understand that you get csrss.1.exe on your computer when it is too late.
csrss.1.exe coin miner use unfair methods of spreading to get into the system unnoticeable. You can infect yourself while opening untrusted sites and attachment to spam emails. Moreover, it comes along with other software that you download from third-party websites.
Pay attention to the csrss.1.exe Trojan symptoms:
- The usage of CPU and graphics cards jumps up significantly via the csrss.1.exe process.
- Web browsing session goes not so fast as it used to be.
- Time for programs’ launch grows.
- Your PC performs badly.
csrss.1.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove csrss.1.exe virus from the browser
First of all, csrss.1.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by csrss.1.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and csrss.1.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that csrss.1.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove csrss.1.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed csrss.1.exe!
Video guide on how to remove csrss.1.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with csrss.1.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.