Internet visitors have experienced as.exe Trojan attacks not so often recently, in fact, now they are suffering almost every day being hit. The thing is that the spoken malicious program secretly finds the way to the system and stays on the PC as long as possible turning it into a robot.
This as.exe Trojan comes with built-in tools that users do not check while installing different apps online. Such kind of programs usually contain infected samples and in case when people do not know what exactly they obtain, they can achieve something malicious, too.
Software with malicious aims as as.exe application has intrudes system’s processes as soon as it gets access to the system. It disrupts CPU performance, steals great share of graphics card power, and gets to you background. The only thing you need to do to protect your privacy is scanning your system with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool. It will take care of your device, delete all unwanted apps, and reset your infected browser.
The as.exe Trojan leads to next symptoms:
- CPU and graphics cards work awfully.
- Load goes not so fast as it used to be.
- Programs don’t want to launch quickly.
- Your PC upsets you with its performance.
as.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove as.exe virus from the browser
First of all, as.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by as.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and as.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that as.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove as.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed as.exe!
Video guide on how to remove as.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with as.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.