If you experience Decryptor.exe process in the Task Manager, that should alert you very much. The process like that is malicious despite the fact that your current anti-virus may not detect it as a computer threat. Only after scanning you can definitely find out what exactly arms the system. That is why it is mandatory to scan your computer fast and find the solution against C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming malware.
If you haven’t thought about the Decryptor.exe malicious process before, check whether your computer has it right now. Look through the Task Manager and right-click on the process if you see it. Selected option can open the C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming folder where the process is located. Try manual removing first, and if it will not help, delete the threat automatically with the specially made for this utility.
Decryptor.exe harmful process penetrates the system due to several reasons. Firstly, potentially unwanted applications get inside the system because of the users. They often obtain free software that consist bundled PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). However, if you are attentive all the time and read EULAs (End User License Agreements) before setting up free software, you can avoid the problem of malicious penetration. But let’s be honest, we can’t stay alert constantly and sooner or later we are condemned to fail. Secondly, Decryptor.exe penetrates the system because of poor protection. Your existing anti-virus software may be too weak to track modern threat and clean them on time. And what to say about those who avoid anti-viruses at all? They face the most probable risks! Finally, you have ended up having a device infected with Decryptor.exe. Fortunately, there is an effective and win-win solution against all harmful computer rubbish.
The source of the Decryptor.exe process will not disappear itself and go on spoiling the work of your device. Use GridinSoft Anti-Malware software that will remove all unwanted rubbish and keep the system clean. Follow the information in the steps provided in the rest of the article to make your computer safe again.
Decryptor.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Decryptor.exe virus from the browser
First of all, Decryptor.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Decryptor.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Decryptor.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Decryptor.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Decryptor.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Decryptor.exe!
Video guide on how to remove Decryptor.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Decryptor.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.