LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus is a serious infection that might do much harm after it slithers onto the computer. This infection is known to be a ransomware, so do not be surprised when you find out that you cannot use your computer anymore. The main aim of all ransomware infections is to extort money from users and LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus is no exception. We do not recommend paying money for cyber criminals even though the message it places on the screen seems to be legitimate. All you need to do if you have already encountered this threat is to uninstall LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this will not be easy to do because this threat is not a simple program that can be erased via Control Panel.
LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus itself is targeted at European computer users, so the biggest possibility to encounter this threat is if you live there. Of course, other users who surf the web and do not have a security tool are not protected as well. The main symptom that LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus has managed to enter the system is the presence of a full-screen message. It usually say that you have done something really bad (e.g. kept child pornography on your PC) and now you need to pay a fine. Do not listen to any word of this message because it is completely fake and does not belong to any institutions. The only aim of LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus is to scare you into paying money. It is very likely that the ransom it will ask will be around $ 200 – 400. It is up to you what to do, but we believe that it would be best to ignore this message and delete LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus from the system as soon as possible.
There are so many ransomware infections, so it is clear how they manage to sneak onto computers. First of all, it is very likely that this threat has sneaked onto your PC because you have downloaded a bad program from a torrent or a file-sharing website. Secondly, this could have happened because you have downloaded an infectious email attachment from a spam email. Last but not least, other infections might be hiding on your PC and downloading additional malware. As ransomware might cause much harm, you should always keep your antimalware tool enabled. It is also advisable to be cautious while surfing the web.
Step by step instructions how to remove LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus.
STEP 1. Remove LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying LIGHTNINGCRYPT browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus from your browser
First of all, LIGHTNINGCRYPT is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove LIGHTNINGCRYPT from your system completaly:
STEP 3. LIGHTNINGCRYPT prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with LIGHTNINGCRYPT virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.