Shadowsocks Miner Trojan (Websock.exe) is a Trojan virus that brings a lot of harm to your computer and security. This one as all other Miners was created with the main purpose to gain money by mining digital cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Monero, Dashcoin, Emercoin etc.). This virus will not only steal your money but suck the life out of your PC.
Shadowsocks Miner creates a task called Websock.exe. Also, you will see a process called Service.exe with a description taskxmr. These processes give miner an opportunity to connect the server and use all CPU power of your system to mine cryptocurrency. This trojan virus uses almost all power of your PC, that is why your system becomes very slow and can even be crashed.
How to know that your system is infected with Shadowsocks Miner?
- You see the Websock.exe process in your Task manager.
- Your system became extremely slow: it takes a lot of time to open any program, the PC launches slowly etc.
- Your PC can make more noise than usual (because almost all CPU power is in use) and make your PC literally hot.
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware detected in your system %sysdrive%\\$recycle.bin\\s-1-5-21-1690745855-1909742030-1849617080-1001\\$r3pjqm7 – PUP.Gen
How does Shadowsocks Miner Trojan (Websock.exe) infect your PC?
This type of trojans is a very tricky. It slipped into your system silently alongside with popular free software. Also, popular way of infection is clicking on rogue pop-ups like “You need to install a Flash-player”, “Update your Windows” and so on. Even if you’ve noticed that something additional is going to install Shadowsocks Miner doesn’t the opportunity to reject or stop Shadowsocks from installing.
Automatic removal tool for Shadowsocks Miner adware:
Adware applications are widespread nowadays. Gridinsoft company offers a great solution for all problems, which can be caused by adware, including the free scanner, unwanted programs remover and Reset Browser Settings tool to clean all popular browsers from ads, pop-ups, and redirects. In this guide, we will explain how to use GridinSoft Anti-Malware to clean your system and keep it safe from threats in future.
Step by step instructions on how to remove Shadowsocks Miner adware
- Run GridinSoft Anti-Malware and choose the scan type, which is suitable for your needs. Of course, for the accuratest scan results we recommend you to choose the “Full Scan”.
- Give Anti-Malware a little time to check your system:
- Move to quarantine all the viruses and unwanted files, that you see in the results list:
- Enjoy the malware removal process:
Note, that in case with adware it is very important to use the Reset Browser Settings tool to get rid of all ads and redirects completely. The following video is devoted to this simple and effective procedure.
How to reset your browser automatically with GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Prevent your PC from being reinfected with Shadowsocks Miner adware in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.